Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Music, Jacket, Alfajor, Sick

So, I did it! I woke up on time, and got ready on time to leave, and actually he pushed it back 30 min :), but it's all good, I want to start being on time anyways.

It's like 25 min from my house that I have to drive, sometimes longer, so that is where I do my vocal lessons,in my car when I'm driving, if I'm not recording or performing, I admit that I am lazy and don't practice, so I love that I have to every morning because I get a lot better. The cd I use is a combo of two one is by Ariella Vaccarino, it's called Voice Lessons TO GO, and the other is one that was made by Tom McKinney, but most of the time I just do the first one, and then sing along to some Shakira, Beyonce, Bic Runga, or like today it was Sara Barilles.

If you are wondering how Oscar and I met, we met doing a song together for The Ying Yang Twins, it actually did not make the cut because they did not get the release from the original owner's. They felt it was too crude. Check it out at www.myspace.com.julin. It's called Fever.

So I recorded the rest of the chorus, but my throat was so sore, I was feeling so sick, when I tried to do the second verse, it was recording like I was straining. So, I said, let's do it next time, I wanted to finish, but when you are the singer and your not feeling good, even though your trying, you know that it would be better, if you were better, it would just sound better. So we put it off until New Year's Day, or Jan 2cd.

So I went to Central Market, I don't want to go to the Dr. I feel like, my immune system is a lot worse since I just go to the Dr. for everything, I don't want to keep getting sick, so I got, a Wellness Booster, Astragalus Root, Zinc Lozenges, Nighttime Cough & Bronchial Syrup, fresh squeezed Oj, and I have vitamin C pills, and I am taking Asprin.

Hopefully I will be better by tomorrow! And I start my New Year's Resolution in 2 days, so I want to be well for that also!

I still did not get my jacket from that bar.

I ate a Alfajor, it's from Argentina, it's like a carmel pastry, so yummy :D, and also I had tomato basil soup from Central Market, I love it but it's so fattening, I had to squeeze it in before the 1st!


Alrighty round 2 with the herbs, and a salad, and I'm watching Land of the Lost.

goodnight!

~julin

No comments:

Post a Comment